Barbeque

Barbeque

Camp fire

Camp fire

Big camp fire

Big camp fire

Sunday, March 22, 2009

Ecotourism in Gurghiu mountains...

Hello 2 all, in this topic I will tell you about Ecotourism in Gurghiu Mountains. Gurghiu Mountains are a mountain group of Moldavian-Transylvanian Carpathians, the mountain chain of the Eastern Carpathians, here you will find a village named Lapusna, where is the faimous Lapusna Castle. In the next lines I will explain you why I think that the castle could be a important ecotourism center in this district.

Lapusna Castle was owned by King Carol II. This was the favorite hunting place of the royal family of Romania, the house of Habsburg, and then, even the Ceausescu family. All these used to establish the headquarters during the hunting picturesque Castle Lapusna. After 1989, often came here to hunt Ion Tiriac, Prince Dimitrie Sturdza, who were joined by various American and European hunters. The entire area has become famous after many hunters here they have set world records in trophies carpathian brown bear, black goats and deer. In total, there were obtained more than 300 gold medals for hunting trophies. Castle Lapusna is composed of 7 building with 35 rooms and a park in the area of 4 hectares.

I expect from you opinions..., what do you think, could be Lapusna Castle a ecotourism center for Mures district????

3 comments:

  1. Hello Andrei,
    this is a good start for you as a blogger. I think that the area you have chosen to speak about is really special and could represent an important highlight for tourist.
    I suggest that you add other places of interest, especially those you have visited yourself as you could add personal experiences and invaluable details which are more important than any other objective information
    English teacher.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Andrei and nice places....I were in that zone and I always feel splendid. In my opinion I say that if many people will visit that places, then that area would have better acces roads and it woulb be better for village people too because they really could make nice money from ecotourism. Bye Bye and I expect a new post from you

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello my friend, I miss that places now that I am at work in Germany. I agree with you, in the ideea that our zone should develop nicely. I hope that you will post soon some new photos with Lapusna Castle. Bye bye and see you in december.

    ReplyDelete

Lapusna Castle

Lapusna Castle

Lapusna Castle

Lapusna Castle
Inside

Lapusna Castle

Lapusna Castle
Night